10 Things you SHOULD be CLEANING in your KITCHEN
There are some things in your kitchen that you clean without thinking, things such as the dishes, the sink, the kitchen countertops and the outside of your appliances. There are some areas around the kitchen that often get overlooked, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be cleaned. You'll want to take a good look at the list of ten things you should be cleaning in your kitchen, as you should be deep cleaning some of these things on a regular basis. The following are just some of the house cleaning tips you will find on the list.
1. One thing many people don't think about cleaning is the ice machine on your refrigerator. If you take a closer look at this area on the fridge, you might find some mold and mildew build up that needs to be cleaned. You can take a toothbrush and some white vinegar and give it a good scrub, then rinse it with some warm water. This house cleaning tip is something you'll want to do on a regular basis, at least once a month from here on out!
2. Your coffee maker. Most coffee maker’s need to be cleaned thoroughly at least once a month to help keep the hard water from building up and to keep bacteria at bay. Most of the time, this house cleaning tip can be done by running a couple of coffee pots of hot water mixed in with some white vinegar, and wiping down the entire coffee machine with vinegar as well. If you have a Keurig, you'll want to check out the post on the site on How to Clean a Keurig.
3. It's a good idea to wipe down your faucet all of the time, but not everyone knows to clean the part of your faucet where the water comes out. If you take a closer look at this part of the kitchen faucet, you might find some really gross build-up underneath that needs to be cleaned.
4. Cutting boards in your kitchen can become worn, and bacteria can live in the wood grain. You'll want to take a look on the site at the full tutorial on cutting board house cleaning tips and how to get your cutting boards clean.
5. One of the most used appliances in your kitchens is most likely the dishwasher. And because they wash your dishes, you might assume that they clean themselves, but that’s not necessarily the truth. Hard water can build up in a dishwasher, and because dishwashers hold a lot of moisture, they are the perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
6. How often do you give the microwave in your kitchen a good cleaning? It's a good idea to give it a good wipe down once a week, and you should be giving it a good steam cleaning at least once a month. On the site, you will find some house cleaning tips that use lemon to help steam clean your microwave on a regular basis.
7. The trashcans in your house can often get overlooked. You take out the trash when the trash bag gets full, but you might not alway give your trash can a thorough cleaning. This is where you want to practice some of your house cleaning tips and take the trash can outside and give it a good scrub down with some liquid dish soap and a garden hose a couple of times a year. It's also a good idea to give it a wipe down with some vinegar as a natural cleaner once a month to help keep germs at bay. You will find these house cleaning tips on the Mom 4 Real site. On the site, you will find house cleaning tips, natural cleaners, clean house tips, DIY ideas, decor ideas, home tips and more. **
Learn MORE at Mom 4 Real
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.