12 Kitchen Hacks to Make Life Better
Whenever I see a list like this, I always click on it. Just a couple minute of reading can drastically improve your house hold management and time saving skills which is something very worthwhile. Although there are certain more than 12 tips out there, we want to share with you these 12 excellent kitchen hacks to make your life better!
1. If you have an overripe banana (and we have all had this) peel it up, slice it into a freezer bag and then throw them in the freezer. Now you have them easily at hand for your next smoothie.
2. If you place an apple in with your potato bag, it will keep the potatoes from growing buds. On the other hand, if you want your banana to ripen faster than put it beside an apple.
3. To test to see if an egg is fresh, immerse it in a pan of cool, salted water. If it sinks, it's fresh. If it floats, throw it away!!
4. To make for easier cheese grater clean up, spray it with a cooking spray before you begin slicing. You could also try rubbing it with olive oil with a silicone pastry brush if you do not have or like using cooking spray.
5. If you have left over wine (I know, this seems unlikely), then freeze it in an ice cube tray so you can have it available to throw into sauces when cooking.
6. Keep fresh ginger in the freezer and take out at any time to grate up. It will stay super fresh and flavorful this way.
7. To fluff up your rice and separate it, add a few drops of lemon and oil to the rice before you boil.
8. To cook your onion faster, add a little salt to it, which will draw out the moisture.
9. When you get home from shopping and you bought fresh herbs, place them into a little jar with some water and place them on your windowsill to keep them fresh.
10. Use a silicon pastry brush to grease your muffin tins, this will save you time and help the job get done quicker.
11. Keep knives sharp by using a cutting block. Also learn how to sharpen your knives regularly. A sharper knife is not only safer but much more efficient.
12. Use old lemon peels to shine your stainless steel sink.