17 Surprising Uses for Mayonnaise
Mayonnaise, that popular condiment that most people can't live without, can be used for more than just food ideas and recipes. You might be surprised at the wide variety of uses this popular condiment can be used to include house cleaning tips, natural cleaners, food ideas and more. And the best thing is that it's probably safe to say that most people have this condiment on hand at all times in the refrigerator, perfect for when you need it for more than BLTs. You'll want to take a look at the One Good Thing by Jillee site for the full list of house cleaning tips, beauty tips, natural cleaners and food ideas you can use mayonnaise for. The following are just some of the tips you'll find on the list.
1. Use mayonnaise as a manicure treatment. Before your next home manicure, try soaking your nails in a small dish of mayonnaise. The mayonnaise will soften and moisturize your cuticles, and your nails will get an extra boost of protein for some added strength.
2. Shine stainless steel. If your stainless steel appliances are showing more fingerprints and smudges than shine, grab a clean cloth and a jar of mayonnaise. Place a small dab of the mayonnaise onto the cloth, and use it the mayo to buff your stainless steel appliances until the marks are gone, and the shine is back.
3. Remove pesky sicker residue. If you like to repurpose old glass and plastic food containers into new and useful ways but dislike having to deal with the challenging sticker residue, you'll like this natural cleaner tip. Use mayonnaise to help make this process a lot easier. Remove as much of the pesky sticker as you can, then cover the remaining sticker residue with a thick layer of mayonnaise. Let the mayonnaise sit for a few minutes so the fat in the mayonnaise can start to dissolve the adhesive. When the adhesive has dissolved enough, just rub the rest of the sticker residue off with your fingers or with a sponge
4. Erase water stains. Use mayonnaise as a house cleaning tips and natural cleaner for water rings on furniture. You can erase water rings and stains on your wooden furniture using mayonnaise. All this house cleaning tip takes is a bit of time. Start by covering the water ring or mark with a layer of mayonnaise. Then let the mayo sit on the stain for up to 48 hours and less for lighter stains. You can cover the mayonnaise with a bowl if you don’t want to accidentally get it on your, or to keep your dog from licking it up. After the mayonnaise has sat long enough, simply wipe it clean with a cloth, and be amazed at how the water rings disappear.
5. Grilled Cheese. This is sure to be one of your favorite new food ideas. Instead of butter, use mayonnaise the same as you would butter. The mayonnaise browns beautifully for the perfect golden, crispy grilled cheese.
6. Make a salad dressing. When your mayonnaise container is just about empty, don't throw it away immediately. You can use the remaining bit of mayonnaise in the mayo jar to make an easy creamy dressing recipe. Just add a bit of olive oil into the jar, a bit of vinegar, and some herbs of choice. Replace the jar lid, then shake the jar up really well. Use this easy dressing recipe to add to simple salad recipes for a healthy snack. You will find these house cleaning tips that use mayonnaise on the One Good Thing by Jillee site. On the site, you will find house cleaning tips, organizing tips, natural cleaners, food ideas, and so much more. **
Learn MORE at One Good Thing by Jillee
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.