8 Cast Iron Brands You Should Know About
Cast Iron pans are a staple in a well equipped kitchen, and people have been using them for a very long time. Here are 8 Cast Iron Brands You Should Know About if you want the best in quality. Most people who use cast iron pans these days, want to know which ones are the best for cooking. There are so many different brands to purchase, that it can be daunting to find the perfect pan. Older pans are also a great buy, because they are manufactured differently now, out of heavier materials. Buying a pan used is also a great way to save some money and still get a very high quality pan. Here is a list of the brands you can look out for when you are choosing your perfect cast iron pan.
1) Lodge - these are the most popular, best quality pans.
2) Camp Chef - used for camping and also in the kitchen, these pans are also very high quality.
3) Coleman - these pans are great for camping use, but most people who know good cast iron pans don't feel they have a place in an actual kitchen.
4) Texsport - a lot like the Coleman pans, but made in Asia, they tend to be heavier and have a rougher surface too.
5) Old Mountain - fair quality pans, but usually quite overpriced.
6) Heuck - found at a lot of discount stores, they are not as great in quality, but will work fine as a camping pan.
7) Benjamin & Medwin / MSE (Martha Stewart Everyday) - these are a very common type of pan found in Walmarts, but the quality has decreased a lot over the years. Not collectors items but will work find to cook with.
8) Bayou Classic - another brand of pans with rough surface, also made in Asia and in sets of three. Not the best quality either, but will do in a pinch.
So there you have it! 8 different brands of cast iron pans to choose from. I still think it would be best to just buy used, but this guide will also help with that. Happy cooking!