Apple Pie Tacos
What have a delicious recipe here we know you will lovesSo let's get right to this delicious recipe! Apple pie taco recipes are a savory delight for many of us and it is truly a lip smacking dessert. However, have your ever tried your hands in preparing this delicious dish? Most of us avoid making pies in fear of spoiling the whole preparation in the process. This apple pie taco recipe is to die for! It may just be the best apple pie variation recipe you have tried.
1. It is all about the fruit - Apples play a pivotal role in making of a pie recipe. Now, if you reside in a region, where there are plenty of apples orchards get hold of sweet and tart apple and make them into pie. Otherwise, go for Granny Smith apples, which make excellent pie. The tartness when blends with the sweet taste of the sugar mixture create an awesome taste. Another winning combination that works superb is McIntosh and Cortland apples. Only make sure that the fruit is fresh.
2. Avoid burning of the crust of any apple pie recipe - While baking the pie, edges of the crust, burn very fast. So, carefully envelop the fringes of the pie with tin foil. You can also get hold of an edge guard at your local kitchen supply store. Place the edge guard over the pie edges to prevent them from burning.
3. Taste the apple before making the recipe - After adding cinnamon/sugar mixture to your pie, do not forget to taste your apples. If required, sprinkle more brown sugar or cinnamon to the pie.
4. Sweetness beside sugar - If your fruit is not sweet enough and you are not willing to add excess sugar, you can try with 1 tbsp lemon juice, some finely shredded lemon zest, and 2 tbsp melted apple jelly. This addition of the jam enhances the sweetness of the pie recipe even more.
Apple Pie Tacos:
4 Apples peeled & sliced
1/2 C Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 C Water
6 Tortilla’s (flour) 6″ size
Oil (for frying tortillas)
Sprinkle with: 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Serve with: Whipped cream
Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and water in a sauce pan.
Stir until well blended and cover and cook on medium stirring frequently For 10 minutes or until apples are semi soft. If needed, thicken sauce using 1 tablespoon of cornstarch to 3-4 tablespoons of water.
Mix into sauce and stir until thickened. Heat oil on medium heat in a skillet and holding the tortilla folded in half, place the bottom on tortilla in the oil for a few seconds.
Then lay it on one side until browned and then place other side down until browned. Remove from oil and Sprinkle browned tortilla with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Fill taco shells with apple pie filling and top with whipped cream, and sprinkle a little more of sugar-cinnamon mixture on top.
Let it "set" on an upside down muffin tin.
Enjoy these delicious apple pie tacos! What a yummy apple pie taco recipe!
Nutrition Facts for: Apple Pie Tacos From Grandmother's Kitchen
Ingredients: Apples, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, water, flour tortillas, oil for frying and whipped cream to serve with.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 6 servings. * Per Serving: Calories 259, Calories from Fat 9, Total Fat 1.0g 2%, Saturated Fat 0.2g 1%, Cholesterol 0mg 0%, Sodium 13mg 1%, Potassium 209mg 6%, Carbohydrates 65.6g 22%, Dietary Fiber 5.8g 23%, Sugars 49.1g, Protein 1.8g, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 19%, Calcium 3%,Iron 6%
Learn MORE at Grandmother's Kitchen
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.