Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
Spaghetti!!! How often to you make and serve spaghetti in your household each week? If you have children, you likely have pasta lovers in your home. What about chicken? Is chicken a part of your meal planning at least once a week? These are two foods that children (of all ages) like as a whole.
The recipe we are featuring is for Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti. Ah, the crock-pot! Right away, your eyebrows may have gone up. If it says crockpot, it says easy...Right? You bet it does. The crock-pot is one of the best appliances a mom can have in her kitchen as this simple device allows you to cook up pretty good size batches of food that often mean you have enough for not just one meal, but at least two. The other option with crock-pot meals is that you can make portion sized containers to freeze for those days that you need to make something quickly.
This recipe calls for three types of bell peppers and what I like about this type of recipe is that you can customize it to fit your families taste buds. For example, my family will eat all the red bell peppers I can put in meals, both raw and cooked. But, if there is a green pepper or yellow pepper, 'forget about it!'. The noses get turned up, and there is a pile of creatively stacked little pieces of pepper on the sides of the plates. So, that's okay, just take these fabulous recipes and adapt them to the tastebuds you are aiming to please. The recipe you will discover shortly, makes the flavored chicken and cooks it for about 3-4 hours then cooked spaghetti is added along with the cheese in the last 20 minutes or so.
5 Tips for Crock Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
1. Keep the lid closed while it cooks. Each time you peek you will add an extra 20 or so minutes to the final cooking time.
2. Avoid stirring the mixture which will also slow down the cooking time.
3. Avoid overcrowding the crock pot. For best results fill the crock pot just 2/3rds full.
4. Before you cook the chicken, trim away the fat and skin. If you do not do this you will have up with an oily and greasier sauce
5. Add any dairy products at the very end as they will break down in the slow cooker. This means stirring them in at the last 15 minutes of cooking time.
Sounds easy enough! Please visit the Laurens Latest website for the full list of ingredients and instructions.
Nutrition Facts for:Crock-Pot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti from Lauren's Latest
Ingredients: Yellow onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, diced green chilies, cumin, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chicken breasts, mushroom soup, spaghetti, cheddar cheese.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 4 servings.* Per Serving: Calories 973, Calories from Fat 391, Total Fat 43.5g 67%, Saturated Fat 21.6g 108%, Cholesterol 273mg 91%, Sodium 1531mg 64%, Potassium 702mg 20%, Carbohydrates 73.6g 25%, Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4%, Sugars 4.4g, Protein 68.5g, Vitamin A 40%, Vitamin C 80%, Calcium 66%, Iron 39%
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Lauren's Latest
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.