DIY mold remover: how to get rid of black mold naturally (without bleach!)
Black mould can be a serious problem if it's left alone for too long. That's why it's important to take care of it right away rather than leaving it to grow. So if you see black mould or mould of any kind, try and clean it up as soon as you possibly can. Whether it's infested your shower, it's growing on your walls, in your window frames, ceilings, baseboards, or basement, there are cleaning tips that you can try out that will safely remove mould from your home. These cleaning tips also make use of natural cleaners instead of using harsh bleaches and chemicals. Using bleach can be seriously harmful to human life as well as to the environment and animals. It can also cause severe skin and eye damage, can also cause reproductive damage and damage to our organs, and even cancer in some cases. So it's always best to use natural cleaners whenever you can.
While there are some supposed natural cleaners out there that claim to have no toxins in them, many of them actually do have bleaches and other harsh chemicals in them that the companies don't disclose on their list of ingredients. So the only way to be sure what is in your cleaning products is to make them at home yourself. Kate from Root + Revel, shares her natural cleaners and cleaning tips with us on how to safely and effectively get rid of mould and mildew in your home without using harsh chemicals and bleach. Kate spent some time learning about different mould remedies and she came up with a great 3-step process to remove black mould, the natural way. All you need are four ingredients and 2 glass spray bottles. For these natural cleaners, you'll need some white distilled vinegar, some tea tree essential oil, some baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. She uses all of the most effective mould killing natural cleaners and puts them into one easy to follow system that will get rid of black mould in your home.
All you need to do is add some vinegar and some tea tree oil to an empty, clean spray bottle and shake to mix. Then spray it all over the mouldy area and allow it for 30 minutes. Then, once the 30 minutes is up, just take some baking soda put it in a spray bottle with some slightly warm water and shake until the baking soda has dissolved. Again, just spray the mixture on the mouldy area and let it dry on the mould for at least 30 minutes. Last, take some hydrogen peroxide and pour some in a glass, then take a new, clean toothbrush and dip it into the peroxide and scrub the mould with it. Once you've scrubbed, you can then wipe away any of the mould and then rinse clean. You may have to do a few rounds of this cleaning tip to see the results, but it should only take about two or three. Also, while you're cleaning, make sure that you keep the room well ventilated with an open window or a fan and also wear protective gear to protect yourself from breathing in the mould spores or touching them. After you've cleaned, you'll also want to identify the the cause of the mould which could be a leaking pipe or a leaky roof or wall. If you don't find the cause, the mould will just keep coming back. You can also use a dehumidifier to keep it dry in your house which will keep mould away since it only grows in moist areas.***
Learn MORE at Root and Revel
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.