I don't know anyone who likes cleaning their bathtub, so when I found out about this trick, I was stoked to try it!
This easy cleaning tip uses two ingredients for a homemade natural house cleaner you will be sure to love. One of the ingredients for this cleaning tip and natural house cleaner is Dawn liquid dish soap, which can be used for a variety of DIY ideas and cleaning tips around the house. For this easy cleaning tip for the tub, you will start by squirting the Dawn liquid dish soap onto the bottom and sides of your bathtub. You will then need to scrub the bathtub, using this simple DIY idea and cleaning tip. You will want to take a look at the One Good Thing By Jillee site. The Dawn liquid dish soap will help cut through the soap scum, residues and mildew that build up in your bathtub. The following cleaning tips and DIY ideas are just some of the ways you can use Dawn liquid dish soap as a natural house cleaner.
1. Repel Ants. Use Dawn liquid soap to spray kitchen counter-tops, cupboards and any other area in the house where you see ants. The mixture should include some Dawn soap and water, after spraying then wipe dry. The slight soapy residue that remains will not be a problem for kids or pets, but ants hate it. If you see ants again, simply hit them with the Dawn liquid soap spray.
2. Remove paint and grease from hands. Dawn liquid soap combined with vegetable oil makes a great paint or grease remover. Combine a bit of both in your hands then rub the mixture over affected areas. The vegetable oil and the Dawn dishwashing liquid will both help to dissolve the paint and grease, and still leave skin soft, unlike more toxic paint removers.
3. Non-toxic lubricant. Apply Dawn liquid dish soap to door knobs, sliding glass doors, and hinges that are needing it. This diy idea lasts much longer than any sort of aerosol spray, and the good news is that it is non-toxic. The liquid soap also does a great job at cleaning the parts that it is also lubricating.
4. Driveway Cleaner. If you have gasoline or motor oil stains on your driveway, first sprinkle kitty litter on the spot to absorb excess oil. Then use a scrub broom and a solution of biodegradable Dawn dish soap and warm water to safely and effectively remove excess motor oil from the pavement.
5. Sidewalk de-icer. During the winter months, you can use Dawn dish soap as a DIY idea to help keep icy sidewalks and steps in freezing temperatures. To use mix one teaspoon of Dawn dish soap, one tablespoon of rubbing alcohol, and a 1/2 gallon of hot to warm water and pour over walkways and steps. This easy DIY idea won’t refreeze. And the best part is that you don't have to use salt which eats away at the concrete in your sidewalks
6. Hair Product Build-up. Once a month try using Dawn liquid dish soap as shampoo. This simple DIY idea will remove any excess oil from your hair and scalp and will help to strip away any build-up of styling products without any damage. Use this simple DIY idea once a month, and you don't have to go out and purchase expensive salon products that do the same thing.
7. Unclogging Toilets. This diy idea will help to unclog your toilet. Pour about a cup of Dawn liquid dish soap into the toilet bowl, and then allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Follow this step with a bucket of hot water poured from waist height, and it should unclog your toilet. You will find this natural house cleaner at the One Good Thing By Jillee site. On the site, you will find cleaning tips, DIY ideas, natural house cleaners, natural remedies, bright ideas, beauty, recipes and so much more. **
Learn MORE at One Good Thing By Jillee
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.