If you think bananas are just for monkeys, think again.
Bananas are a food that if you only know a little bit about, you will be glad you took the time to read this article and learn a lot more about. In fact, we are going to share not just one or two, but 25 Powerful Reasons why you should be eating bananas.
What is one of the very first foods young mothers often feed to their babies? Mashed bananas. These mom's know that bananas are good for the child, and the child will eat it eagerly, but why is the banana so great?
Lets start the list and find out.
1.Eating bananas make you happy. Bananas have high levels of tryptophan. Tryptophan, when consumed, gets converted to serotonin. What is that? Serotonin makes you feel good as it is a happy-mood brain transmitter.
2.Bananas sustain blood sugar. Just two bananas prior to a strenuous workout gives you extra energy.
3.Do you suffer from nighttime leg cramps? Eat a banana before going to bed.
4. Strong bones and counteracting calcium loss is helped with you eat bananas.
5. Eat a banana to help regulate blood sugar, it will improve your mood, reduce PMS symptoms and helps produce stress-relieving relaxation.
6. If you suffer from Type II diabetes you will be interested to learn that bananas reduce swelling, help product white blood cells due to high levels of B-6. They also strengthen the nervous system and aid weight loss.
7. Bananas provide iron to the diet that strengthens your blood and aids in anemia.
8. Looking for a way to help lower your blood pressure? Bananas are low in salt and high in potassium. The FDA says they will aid in this plus help protect from stroke and heart attack.
This is only eight of the 25 reasons you should be eating bananas. Please head over to the 'Food Matters' website just below for the entire list and remember to 'Eat Your Banana'!