Lemon Supreme Cookies
I have a love affair with both chocolate and lemon desserts. This is a lemon cookie that is ultimate perfection in it's chewiness, lemon-ness. They are a combination of just 3 easy ingredients..cake mix, whipped cream and a egg! So simple!
Okay, so maybe cake mix and Cool whip are not the healthiest of all the things out there, bit you can always make this recipe a wee bit healthier by making your own stabilized whipping cream rather than using Cool whip, which is quite filled with chemicals. Sure it is soo easy, but so is whipping cream! The cake mix I understand, and actually you can find some pretty good cake mixes out there that have higher quality ingredients. Most likely you will find these at the health food stores in your area.
But, people we are talking about dessert here...so let's not get too picky about the ingredients, and instead enjoy the process, the smell and the delectable flavors in moderation. Everything moderation and you can enjoy life in a way that is neither limiting nor excessive. PLEASE NOTE: This is an excellent substitute for Cool Whip, but it does not taste EXACTLY the same. It tastes just like regular whipped cream (you can see how the consistency looks like whipped cream instead of Cool Whip), but it holds up just like Cool Whip does, which is what we are going for.
Cool Whip Substitute Ingredients
1/4 cup cold water
1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 3/4 cups whipping cream
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Add water into a small pot. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
2. Place plan over medium low heat and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved.
3. Remove from heat and let cool entirely. One it has cooled move onto the next step.
4. Place 1 Tablespoon of whipping cream and cream of tartar into a ziploc bag.
5. Seal the bag and shake it until the cream of tartar is COMPLETELY dissolved and without ANY lumps. If you have to, use your fingers to work them out.
6. Pour cream of tartar mix into large bowl along with the whipping cream and sugar.
7. Beat with a hand mixer (whisk attachment) for 2 minutes.
8. When it starts to thicken, pour the gelatin/water mixture and keep mixing.
9. Add vanilla.
10. Mix until thick and smooth.
There! Now that you have your homemade Cool Whip, you can check out the rest of the recipe for these yummy Lemon Supreme Cookies from the link below to the 'Jam Hands' website.
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at Jam Hands
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.