My Favorite Potato Salad
Here is Jacks Favorite Potato Salad recipe, and one that your family may come to adore and use in the years to come, too. It is a very special blend of super ingredients that come together to make this potato salad recipe, including a mayonnaise that you can make entirely from scratch. If you have never used or made a mayonnaise that is made completely from egg yolks, vinegar, and so on, you should try it with this potato salad recipe. You may never return to commercial mayonnaise again. And certainly you may never use reduced fat mayonnaise again! This homemade mayo recipe will dramatically improve all the sandwiches you prepare. The one drawback to a homemade mayonnaise is that it does not last very long even in the fridge.
The great potato salad debate has been ongoing for years by home cooks and professional cooks around the world. The debate on how to make the best potato salad recipe is difficult to solve because it is not clear on exactly what ingredients should make a potato salad recipe. Chef's from around the globe claim that their potato salad recipe is the most authentic potato salad recipe. Some issues that are argued over in this potato salad recipe debate:
* Should the potatoes it the potato salad recipe be cut in small or large cubes?
* Should the potatoes be mashed or kept slightly in cube shape?
* What kind of vinegar makes for the best flavor?
* Does mayo always need to be used in an authentic potato salad recipe?
* Should potatoes be peeled for a potato salad recipe?
Most of the time a potato salad recipe will be a combination of creamy, sweet, savory and salty. A combination of chopped vegetables are often added, and more often than not boiled eggs are an important piece of the potato salad recipe puzzle. Although this debate will likely never be answered entirely, let's face it - cooking is an art open to interpretation! - After years of using potato salad recipes from around the web, we have found that a good bet is to use the ingredients that each individual blogger recommends, as they have likely put much time and love into their unique and authentic potato salad recipe.
This potato salad recipe from A Family Feast' website tends to the sweet side of things, blending potatoes and eggs with homemade mayonnaise (which often can be slightly sweet) along with two vinegars for a bit of snap at the back of the throat. It also calls for the potatoes to not be peeled, an excellent way to improve the fiber content of this dish. Check out this delicious potato salad recipe below and let us know what are the key ingredients for your potato salad recipe!
Nutrition Facts for: Favorite Potato Salad From A Family Feast
Ingredients: Red potatoes, salt, eggs, white vinegar, cider vinegar, sweet onion, celery salt, white pepper, poppy seeds, white sugar, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, olive oil, canola oil.
* Percentages (%) are based on a 2000 calorie diet * The entire recipe has been calculated for 15 servings. * Per Serving: Calories 399, Calories from Fat 243,Total Fat 27.0g 42%, Saturated Fat 3.9g 20%, Cholesterol 78mg 26%, Sodium 839mg 35%, Potassium 661mg 19%, Carbohydrates 36.1g 12%, Dietary Fiber 3.9g 16%, Sugars 5.3g, Protein 5.3g, Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 51%, Calcium 4%, Iron 7%
Learn MORE / Get RECIPE at A Family Feast
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.