NEVER EVER let your veggies go moldy AGAIN with this EASY kitchen tip ...
In this video, you will learn the simple technique and food hack of how to wash fruits and vegetables, to help remove bacteria and any pesticides that may be on them. For this simple and inexpensive DIY idea you will in a bowl, add one part white vinegar to three parts water. Then put your lemons in and let them soak for two minutes. Then wipe the lemons dry. You can wash any fruits and vegetables in this easy technique. You'll want to watch the full video for this diy idea on the Grandmother's Kitchen site.
1. You can use vinegar for a variety of DIY ideas and house cleaning tips around the house. Vinegar has some serious cleaning properties. Vinegar can work for eliminating mildew, washing windows, cleaning computer screens, and sterilizing toilet seats. Vinegar can also degrease stovetops and has been known to remove coffee stains from dishes. For a general cleaner, use a one-to-one mixture of white vinegar and water, with a few drops of lemon essential oil for a nice smell, and it also works as a multi-purpose cleaning spray. For tougher jobs, use more vinegar, for milder work, use less.
2. Use white vinegar to treat wood. In addition to cleaning wooden surfaces, white vinegar can actually help in restoring them. You can mix the vinegar with little olive oil, just like you would for a salad dressing, only diluted with a lot of water. This mixture can help you to bring a shimmer back the wooden surfaces in your house. It’s much better than using waxes and other cleaners that are chemically contaminated products that damage your lungs and skin in an effort to make your home look nice.
3. Shining and polishing metal. While you are making things sparkle, you can give your silverware a shining. Vinegar gets rid of any water stains and dullness, restoring luster to just about any metal surface, not just silverware.
4. Removing the impossible. Vinegar is such a powerful cleaner; it is also perfect for removing ink stains, labels, and candle wax. Likely, vinegar will work on many similar things that creep up. Maybe you need to remove the tacky gunk from the label on that jar you want to reuse for an upcycled gift is proving impossible to remove. Try using white vinegar. It’s much more effective than using sprays and soaps, and it doesn’t come with all those chemicals.
5. Detoxing your body. Vinegar can also be used to help you cleanse your systems of all those harmful elements that have accumulated in them. Organic apple cider vinegar has been used medicinally for many years. Apple cider vinegar can be taken daily, by the spoonful or in a tonic, to keep your internal system in order, detoxifying and alkalizing your body, which is constantly being challenged by these unavoidable, chemical-laden environments.
6. Use white vinegar as a food hack for hard-boiled eggs. Add about a tablespoon of white vinegar to your boiling water for hard boiled eggs as this will help to keep the egg whites from leaking out of the egg if you accidentally crack the egg while cooking.
7. Use vinegar as a food idea in Italian Dressing or marinades. It’s very fast and easy to make. Simply use one tablespoon of Italian seasoning and mix it with six tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of vinegar and you have an instant Italian Dressing. You will find this DIY idea and food hack on the Grandmother's Kitchen YouTube site. On the site, you will find DIY ideas, food hacks, main dish recipes, dessert recipes, side dish recipes, gluten-free recipes and more. **
Learn MORE at Grandmother's Kitchen YouTube
To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.