Remove Mold Safely from your home

Photo Credit: Mould Facts

When mould begins to grow in any home or building, it spreads really quickly. That's why it's so important to learn how to remove mould properly and to remove it as soon as possible. If you've come across some mould in your home, it might be easy enough for you to remove it on your own using some cleaning tips from the internet. Although, if the problem has gotten too widespread you should call the professionals in to clean it up for you. Mould Facts is a great website with lots of information on mould and how to remove mould from your home. They also recommend that if the area contaminated by mould is more than 10 square feet, then you should call the professionals. This will ensure that you're completely getting rid of the mould and the chances of it returning will be lower. If you're able to treat the mould yourself, it's important to know that containing it will be crucial. So make sure that you close off the area with mould in it from the rest of your home to avoid the spread of mould to other rooms in your home.

You also need to protect yourself from the mould spores as well. You don't want to inhale the spores or get them in your eyes or on your skin which could lead to irritation or infection. So make sure that you wear a mask, goggles and gloves when you're cleaning any mould in your home. It's also best to turn off your furnace or air conditioner when you're cleaning the mould in your home too, so it doesn't spread further. While mould likes moisture and darkness, it really loves cellulose which is part of drywall. If your walls have mould growing within them, the drywall may have to be completely replaced. It also feeds on wood and insulation too which means that it can cause structural damage as well. In this case, again, it's best to get a mould removal specialist to take care of it for you. Since mould needs moisture to survive, this might mean that you had a leak in your roof or your pipes which allowed the water in and to sit unnoticed. So it's also very important that you check for and deal with any leaks so that the problem doesn't keep happening. You can also prevent excess moisture from accumulating in your home by having proper ventilation and by investing in a good dehumidifier.

To clean mould yourself, you'll need to know how to remove mould properly as leaving any trace of it behind could lead to more mould growth. Sometimes people use bleach, but since bleach is water-based, it's only going to feed the mould and keep it alive. There are cleaning tips that use all natural cleaners to successfully remove mould from the home. You can use vinegar or baking soda to remove mould from your home safely and easily. Using plain vinegar right on the mould will kill it on contact. You can put some vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it right on the mould. Let it sit for several minutes to kill the mould and then scrub it off with a brush or a cloth. When you are done cleaning the area, you will want to dry the area completely so as not to attract more mould. You can also put some baking soda on the area as this will absorb any excess moisture, and it will also kill the mould too. Try out some of these cleaning tips and learn how to remove mould safely and effectively.***

Learn MORE at Mould Facts


To help with slow website load, we have put all photos for this article here: View photo gallery.


Privacy Policy